Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23, 2011

On to the first floor bathroom.  We have been back and forth on what to do in there.  We were stuck on purple for the longest time but none of  the samples were good.  So, I made the executive decision to make it GREEN. 

Here are the before pictures:

GEDC1395 GEDC1396

 

First thing I got to was the mirror and lights.  They are a whole unit that I’m not ready to replace.  All over it was rusting so why not paint it… Black….

GEDC1397 GEDC1398 GEDC1399 GEDC1402

Man, that was hard to paint.  I tried 3 different brushes before I just started blotting the paint on.  I think it turned out great.  The frame of the mirror refused to take paint.  I know, sand it first.  No, it’s plastic so it wanted no part of paint.  I ended up painting it then wiping it off.  It looks so neat!!!

GEDC1404 GEDC1405 GEDC1407

I did an all over white first.  The painter that did the bathroom the week we moved in used a flat.  Moron! It was peeling all over the place.  I scrapped really good and did the white coat to help hide his mess.  I almost left it white since it looked so good.  But I didn’t.  Ready to see the beauty of Green? 

GEDC1444 GEDC1445 GEDC1446 GEDC1447 GEDC1448 GEDC1449

You like?  I like!!  It’s so absolutely pretty!!!!  I still have to put pictures up and maybe a shelf.  I added the 2 hooks to the closet door so both the children can hang their towels.  I know they don’t match but they picked them before green was the next greatest color.  Oh and look at how nicely I match my new pretty bathroom….

GEDC1453

It’s one of my favorite shirts next to my new favorite bathroom near my green towel box. 

I’m Green-a-licious.  LOL

Yes, I see the crack in the wall behind me. 

I have a picture to cover that, don’t worry!  :-)

1 comment:

Janet said...

Love the green...you know my favorite color is green and ... turtles are green. Need I say more. Kisses and Hugs Terrapin Nurse Jan