Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 19, 2009

Suppose to be a relaxing day.  I had a couple things to pick up at Wally World and the Fresh Market.  I managed to get off by myself.. NO KIDS!  Yippee for me!

I pull in the driveway to see Jason at the gate…

Jason: do you have any other wasp killer inside?

Me: no.

Jason: well, we need some right away.

Me: I need to put my cold things away and then I can go.  Why?

Jason: (starting to smile) Well, I wish I had a video camera ‘cuz we could go on Funniest Videos!  Steve was edging near the fence and got attacked by bees.  He walked back and back and back and fell right in the pool!  It was the funniest thing I ever saw!

Me: OMG!  Is he alright?

Jason: Yeah, he’s inside changing his clothes.

So much for a relaxing day!  He got stung 6 times by a swarm of yellow jackets.  Good thing he fell in the pool!!   The dang things were burrowed under the ground between us and the neighbors. 

Funny that after he got attacked, the daughter says “Oh yeah, me and Alicia got stung 20+ times the other day.  At least you don’t have hair for them to get stuck in.”  WHAT?!?!?!   20+ times?  And you were gonna share this with us… when?   Would be important information for us to know when MY husband is the only one that makes sure the fence between our yards is tidy. 

I’m sad to report that I did not take any pictures of this event.  Steve seemed to be alright the rest of the day.  I kept a very close eye on him.

No comments: