Friday, April 3, 2009

April 2, 2009

I have carpal tunnel in my right hand.  It is very painful when it flairs up!  I have been dealing with the pain this time for 2 weeks now and some times during the day the pain is amazing. 

This all first started last year with tendonitis in my thumb and 1st 2 fingers.  It’s just gotten worse and I will eventually need surgery.  My Doctor is trying to help me avoid that, so he’s given me cortisone shots.  My very first one was January 19th.  He wasn’t very pleased that my pain has returned so quickly.  Today, he gave me a little more in the shot than last time.  He’s hoping I stay out of pain much longer than 2 months! 

Have you ever gotten a cortisone shot?  Well, I hate shots to begin with.  When the needle pierces my skin.. not so bad.  It’s the injection part that HURTS LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Last time it burned and stung at the same time.  This time, I could feel it pulsing into my fingers.  But, cortisone is thick, so when he first injected it, he couldn’t get it to inject.  He had to take it out, squirt some, and pierce my wrist AGAIN!!  Now I just have a little over 24 hours for the tingles and wrist pain (where I got the shot) to go away and I’m good! :-)  Happy once more… for how long??????????????????????

Here is a view before I turned my head.  If you look, you can see where he made a pen mark for the injection on my wrist…..

SD531760

No comments: