Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 23, 2009

SD531390

Had to take Sarah for her 4 year check up today.  She asked me, while we were getting into the truck, “do I have to get shots?”.  I told her I didn’t know.  She was ok with that answer and we happily went on.  Well, she’s 41" and 37 lbs., her vision and hearing seem to be fine, her motor skills are at the proper level.  Seems as if she has allergies.  Is that the favorite word for doctors?  Anyway, 4 shots.  It broke my heart.  She doesn’t like to be comforted when she’s in pain so it was heartbreaking to have her screaming and pushing away.  The tragic part of it all was they didn’t have any good stickers when we were leaving.  RUDE!  So, we headed over to Michael’s to get something to paint instead.  Of course, she couldn’t walk!  Good thing I had a lollypop in the truck from the bank.

1 comment:

Supercool Hotmama said...

Oh man! We went to the Doctor today too. Only my 11 year old had to get shots. But everybody must be cutting corners because our office didn't have stickers either! Luckily I had some suckers in my purse. Of course, the poor kids who saw us leaving with suckers will be reallllly disappointed.