Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 25, 2011

We got back from our week vacation this past Saturday.  Every August, my sister and I pack up the children and meet at our parents house for a week.  I look forward to our “sister” vacation all year long!  It has worked out for the past 4-5 years that our husbands aren’t able to come with us.  This year… Steve was able.  Let me begin by saying it is a good and a bad thing having him come.  Good: we get great family time, he drives!, the children don’t fight as much and better photo opportunities.  Bad: he has to play golf so that’s less trunk space, ummm, I guess that was the worst part.  Let’s face it, when you go to your Mom’s, you are gonna come home with stuff.  A full set of golf clubs take up 1/2 the trunk in a Saturn!

On to the good stuff.  We stayed busy the entire time.  My sister stayed at a hotel with a pool so we could all swim and we did some swimming!! Did you see my Face book page with Steve’s video?  I can’t post it here or I would.  It is 18 seconds of pure funny.  He did Single Syncronized Swimming.  I have another video of him dunking Sarah with her float on so she can touch the bottom.  That one isn’t as funny.  Anyway, other than swimming, we went to a Knight’s baseball game.  That was fun and a double hitter!  We went to the Lazy 5 Ranch, it’s our 3rd trip there and it’s fun each and every time!  Dang Emu!! LOL  We shopped one day at Ikea.  My mom had never been there and mine is an hour away.  The children saw Mr. Popper’s Penguins one night.

Looking over the whole week, I have to say that one of the funnest things we did was include my brother in law.  He was not able to spend the week with us so we made him just like Flat Stanley.  Here is Flat Ron….

SD530054

 

Here he is in their family picture.

 

 

 

 

 

 

GEDC0982

 

 

Here he is enjoying the baseball game.

We all wore our Piggly Wiggly shirts when we went on our outings together.  We got plenty of comments, questions and looks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GEDC1024

 

 

He enjoyed a refreshing dip in the hotel pool! 

 

 

 

 

 

GEDC1029

 

 

He even went to the movies with the children.

No comments: