Wednesday, September 9, 2009

August 15, 2009

Since this day has passed, I can share the secret… We are throwing my mom a surprise 60th birthday party today!!!  OMG.  My aunt and I have been working on this for a year!  Sad to say that my mom found out about it a month ago.  She got an email (somehow) that my dad sent out.  She was a good sport though and didn’t let on.   We figured that at least she didn’t know the complete guest list (or that her sister is coming) so she’d be surprised at that.  Well, my uncle (he’ll remain nameless for now) talked to her this morning, asking if he can visit and said “oh I’ll just park at Honore’s (mom’s sister) hotel.”  ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 

Ok, on to the fun of it all.  My sister and I took her for a pedicure to get her out of the house.  Here we are…..

SD533013 SD533015

Aren’t we gorgeous????  Yes, yes we are!    This nail shop did a super job so we will have to go there again next year.  Then we are off to the other side of the parking lot to Michael’s to kill time.  We blindfolded Mom so she couldn’t see where we were going or the guests waiting for her.  It was such a good time!  I don’t want to bore you all with a million pictures.. just a few….

SD533021  Momarrives SD533047guests

SD533043

 

Here is all the family that was at her party.  Most of us haven’t seen each other in YEARS!!!! 

 

Ignore Sarah’s sour puss!!

 

 

SD533062

 

Isn’t she lovely?!?!?!?!?  I totally forgot that I bought these glasses for her.  Luckily, family stayed for awhile so she wore this to open her cards.  She was smooshing all the cards as she opened them to figure out if they were home made or store bought.  My aunt asked her if she was Carnack.  Too funny!!!!

No comments: