Wednesday, June 3, 2009

May 29, 2009

Today is a sad day and a good day.

When I moved out of my parents’ house and into my own, my mom gave me some things.  I’m sure your mom (or family member) did the same for you.  Amazingly, you don’t move into your first apartment with it fully stocked.  What an imagination I had thinking that would be true. 

SD532157

Any who, one of the things my mom gave me was this strainer.    Not totally sure if you can see all it’s flaws so let me point them out: 

1. there is a hole in the bottom!

2. all the metal on it is rusted. 

3. right by the “handles” the mesh is coming off and cuts your hands when you hold it there. 

4. it leans.

 

I’ve been telling Stephen that we really need a new one and he agrees.   Since I am the only member in our house that shops, if I don’t get a new one, we will be forced to use this one. 

 

SD532158

Today was the day that I decided to get a new one.

Will you check out this shiny new piece of metal that is going to be used in MY kitchen!!!!  Yeah baby!  That’s right.  It’s all mine.  Ready to strain whatever I need it to. 

 

 

 

I will admit that I took these pictures and immediately threw away the old strainer.  I didn’t look back and don’t feel bad at all.  Today, we move on!  How come the song “I’m a big kid now!” is playing in my head?  Weird. :-)

 

No comments: