Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 6 – 12, 2009

Spring Break! Yeah! Vacation! Yeah!  Drive 5 hours. Boo. Listen to “are we there yet” 1 million times.  Boo.  

I’m going to recap the week so I don’t have to do each day since a few of the days were “same thing, different day”.  So, this is gonna be long.  You might want to scroll down and just look at pictures!  Off we go….

 SD531774

We started our vacation with a trip to Bi Lo.  My parents eat out a lot so there wasn’t much to eat in the house.  I have never seen such small potatoes!  How cute, huh??!?!?!  I made sure to get some yellow onions in the shot so you can really tell how small they are.  You wouldn’t have to mash these, some of them are a perfect mouth full.

 

SD531775

How about these little baby pineapples?  I wanted to buy one so bad and bring it home for Stephen but at that price??  After peeling and coring it, is there any fruit left?  Here a picture speaks a 1,000 words.  Those are grapefruits next to the pineapples.  Amazing!

That night, Sarah wantSD531772ed to watch a movie.  Since we  borrowed a portable DVD SD531773player from Tina  (thanks, Tina!) I set her up.  My mom had this car seat in the house so why just sit on the carpet when you can relax in a comfy chair?  Looks to me that life is good for Sarah!

 

 

Now, on to the main reason for heading South!!  Off to clean the attic.  I admit that I forgot to take a picture before we started but in my defense, 2 people didn’t fit up there when we first started!!  So here is our progress….

SD531778

Here is the view from below.  I had my mom “stage” boxes to come down.  This view changed many times before it was all said and done.

SD531777

 

Here is the view sitting at the top of the stairs.  When I took this, I was very scared to get much closer.  I did find a spot to take this….

SD531779

And here is where I took the next couple pictures so we could tell the true progress.  Just look.  Box after box after box.  Most of them have been up here for so long that we were able to just throw the whole thing in the trash without going thru it.  My mom wants to shred the papers that they kept up here but if they do it themselves, it could take 2 years!!!  So, they found a company in town that will shred their papers for a very reasonable price!  Ok, next day…

SD531785

 

Looks pretty good, huh?!?!  The last picture holds the boxes that were mine.  I found 5.  I kept 2 and 3 went to Goodwill.  Pretty good if you ask me.

SD531786

 

 

And here is our final attic!  I am so proud of my mom for getting it to look so neat and tidy.  She has sections now so she will know where to put things when she adds to this.  Not sure that you can do much up here but at least you can walk without tripping.  All total it took us THREE DAYS to get this clean.  I’ll be checking this attic every time I visit and it it’s a mess I’m gonna have to hurt someone!

 

SD531787 SD531788

Since we got our job finished, we drove up to Mooresville, NC to shop at the Scrap Shack.  Very exciting to shop at another local scrap store and the fact that Teresa Collins is going to teach there on May 6th!!  They had her flyer on the counter and said I could buy a kit since I couldn’t be there in person but I just couldn’t do it.  $72 is a bit much for a kit in my budget.  But I did get some super cute things!!  We went on to the Stamper’s Alley and bought a few other things there.  Now THAT store is way super cool!!!  I will be going there again in June with more spending money!  I did buy a stamp set from My Favorite Things.  I still haven’t unpacked my scrap things but when I do, I’ll share.

 

SD531789

SD531821

We had Nathan do the same pose as he did when he was a toddler…..

How cute is he?!?!?  Love it!!

 

 

 

SD531791

Nathan asked Papa Pete to take him to play frisbee golf.  It was very windy but otherwise, a very pretty daSD531794y on Saturday.

Nathan did super!   One of the holes, he beat Papa Pete.  We will have to get some frisbees so we can practice here.  I saw a park up the street that has a course.  Then when Papa Pete and Mae come to visit, we can challenge them to a re-match.

We hung out with Mae and Papa Pete most of the day on Saturday.  I got some good shots of them all together….

 SD531797 SD531799 SD531801 SD531815 SD531814

Before we left on Sunday, we took some pictures with Bubbie and Grandpa.  The kids were very silly so we didn’t get too many before we hit the road…..

SD531803 SD531806 SD531810

Ya know what I didn’t get?  A picture of just me and my mom.  We don’t have too many of just the 2 of us and I’m sad I didn’t take one this time.  We will be back in June so I’ll be sure to get one then!

 

 

The 5 hour trip is so boring and long.  The kids kept busy watching movies and playing their DS games.  This was a very good site to see……

SD531816

No comments: